Board Games @ the Community Living Room
Spend some time
to cultivate health
for your SANITY!
Board Games + interacting with People
= Health and Well Being
Here are some of the benefits of playing board games:
For kids, teens and families:
• Practice social skills: communicating verbally
• Gain new skills or master skills in strategy games
• Learn to share, wait and turn-take
• Keeps you off the TV and computer
• Spend fun and relaxing quality time together
• Insight to life skills related to winning and losing
For Adults and older people:
• Reduce risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
– playing board games is a good way to challenge your brain
with mentally stimulating leisure activities
• Relieve stress, gain mental balance
• Relax and unwind (for the biz traveller)
• Stress relief and keep mind sharp
Board games offer a great way
to connect and interact with people.
Thus, at Elicon House,
we generously provide you
with a wide variety of strategy, chance,
and educational board games
to help you bond with family,
make new friends
and keep your mind
sharp and healthy.
All we ask–
is you return the items to the shelf
– complete and in good condition.
will have the chance
to enjoy them.
Note to Parents:
Please supervise your children
when using the board games,
so your kids may use them with respect.
The Game Tables @ the Community Living Room
Can I play?
YES, at The Mayflower Inn,
you are most welcome to play and for FREE!
Ping Pong and Foosball
promise lots of exercise,
fun and laughter!
Join in the fun,
just remember this is a community space –
here we share and take turns.
Allow us to list the benefits
of playing Ping Pong & Foosball:
• Gets you out of your rooms
and away from the TV screens and computers
• Allows participatory games
that bring unconnected people together
• Increases social activity,
interaction and forges social connections
• Provides informal and spontaneous opportunities
to socialize, play and have fun
• Develops/increases mental agility
because it is fast-paced and
forces one to think & react quickly
• Allows physical exertion:
Cardiovascular and Aerobic Work-Out
• Allows you to gain/ master skills
• Provides a mental work-out:
require strategic playing &
problem solving which stimulate the brain
• Triggers laughter (oxygenates the brain)
and provides great entertainment
• Provides a relaxing and collaborative atmosphere
• Alleviates stress
Yes, you get all these for free;
plus, if you play with the other guests –
you will make new friends.
Sweat it out and have loads of fun!!!
You are sure to have fun at the game tables
but control the volume of your laughter
as there are other people
sharing this community space with you.
To maintain the quality of the table,
please do not use it as a work or dining table.
Also, please return the balls and paddles
in the designated area after playing.